- Personal LoginIn BASE you can create a personal profile, add favorites and save your search history permanently.
Register / Login
- BrowsingFind documents without typing search terms. You can choose from different kinds of browsing, by Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC), by document type, by license or by access.
Start browsing BASE
- Synonyms / TranslationsMulti-lingual search with Eurovoc thesaurus: By choosing "Multilingual Synonyms" you can search for synonyms and translations. All in all 239,000 terms from 21 languages are included in Eurovoc.
Search with Eurovoc
- Blog / TwitterFollow us on our twitter channel @BASEsearch. If you like to twitter about BASE you can use the hashtag #basesearch. On our Weblog you can get general news about BASE (in German only).
- Responsive designThe BASE pages are designed responsively and therefore always optimally displayed on a large monitor as well as on a tablet or smartphone.
- Search PluginSearch faster with the BASE search plugin (for Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer). You can search the academic web with BASE directly through the search toolbar of your browser.
Install BASE search plugin
- Search Box
If you want to provide a search field for BASE searches on your website, simply add the following piece of source code to your home page:
<form action="https://www.base-search.net/Search/Results" method="get" accept-charset="UTF-8">By using CSS you can customize the design of the search box, so that it fits your web site well. Be careful not to modify the code, it may affect the functionality.
<input type="text" name="lookfor" style="width:200px;" maxlength="1024" />
<input type="submit" value="Suche in BASE" />
<input type="hidden" name="l" value="en" />
<input type="hidden" name="refid" value="dcexternen" />
- Interface for ZoteroZotero is the name of a platform independent open source software for collecting, managing and citing various kinds of online and offline resources. It is available and useable as an add-on for the Firefox browser. To a large extent, the assumed functions of a classic reference management system are supported. After having installed the add-on you can transfer results from BASE to Zotero.
For Database and Repository Manager
- Integration of BASE into local infrastructures (API)
For non-commercial purposes only you can integrate the BASE index via an API into your own local infrastructure (e.g. meta search engines, library catalogues). For the realisation we provide a HTTP interface. A manual is available for download:Before you can start testing and using the HTTP interface, your IP address needs to be registered first. Please send us a short message.
Download BASE Interface Guide (Version 1.16, October 2018)
- BASE OAI Interface
Project partners can retrieve the OAI metadata collected and normalized by BASE via an OAI-PMH interface.Before you can start testing and using the OAI interface, your IP address needs to be registered first. Please send us a short message.
To get partners started quickly, we provide compressed dumps of our complete metadata as HTTP downloads.
- Validate OAI InterfaceA service for repository managers: OVAL, the BASE OAI-PMH Validity Checker easily verifies if the OAI-interface is compliant with the BASE requirements.
- OAI-PMH BlogOur OAI-PHM Blog communicates information related to harvesting and aggregating activities performed for BASE.